As the year comes to a close, I always take some time to think back & review the year. I don’t only do this with my life, my family & friends, but now with gluten-free foods, too. There has been a huge increase of gluten-free foods in mainstream grocery stores and restaurants over the past year, and even in the news in general. Not all news or publicity is good, but that goes for just about everything.
- Ceasar’s GF stuffed shells – Jon’s new favorite frozen meal for those busy days.
- Pamela’s Whenever Bars – Awesome, cereal bar-type bar. Refreshing flavor combinations & great texture.
- Enjoy Life Trail Mixes – Improved packaging, same great product inside. Great for topping salads or eating by the handful.
- Schar Parbaked Baquettes – Great for meatballs subs, garlic bread, sub sandwiches or an accompaniment to dinner.
- El’s Gluten-Free Snacks – My new favorite mix – everything you wanted in a mix & more.
- Earth Balance Coconut Spread – Excellent flavor for sauteeing veggies or spreading on gluten-free bagels or toast.
- Twiggy’s Cupcakes – Cupcakes with protein? Need I say more?
- Bakery on Main True Bar – Great flavor & texture!
- Kinnikinnick Blueberry Donuts – It is a shame these aren’t available year round, but they do offer other seasonal flavors.
- Luna Protein Bars – Nice variety of flavors in these newly GF protein bars.
- Udi’s New Bagels – Cinnamon raisin & whole grain made their debut this year. Can’t get enough!
- Grandma LuLu’s Sand Dollar Cookies – Truly a special treat! A delicate sugar cookie flavor with a hint of maple – so good! You won’t believe they are gluten-free!
The products above are all replacement gluten-free foods for the most part. It is entirely possible to eat a gluten-free diet that only utilizes naturally gluten-free foods so that no specialty foods are required. Some of my naturally gluten-free foods are:
- brown, wild or black rice
- fresh fruit
- fresh veggies
- chicken breast
- almond butter
I would love it if you all would share your gluten-free favorites of 2011! If you have more than one, no worries, include them all! There is nothing that I like more than chatting all things gluten-free.