Applegate Farms has a mission – “To change the way America eats”. The product line includes organic & natural meats, cheeses and some frozen foods. Many of these foods are gluten-free to boot! More from the Applegate Farms site:
We always embrace three important principles:
Taste. Strive to make the best tasting products with no shortcuts and only natural ingredients.
Truth. Conduct our farming practices with integrity and treat our animals and land with respect.
Trust. Tell all of our story. Provide transparency into our industry and to our consumers.
When you pick up an Applegate Farms product, you can be assured that…
- Our animals are never given antibiotics. Healthy animals don’t need medicine. Instead, we give them space, fresh air, and a healthy diet, which we’re certain beats the alternative.
- Our livestock eat a completely vegetarian diet with no animal by-products. Cattle are grass-fed, just as nature intended. Hogs and poultry are fed a grain diet that includes corn, soy, barley, and flax.
- Our animals are never given hormones or artificial growth promotants. They grow at their natural rate.
- All of our products are made with natural and organic ingredients. If you aren’t familiar with a particular ingredient, email us and we’ll tell you what it is.
- Our products are all minimally processed, allowing for a wholesome texture and taste.
- Our products never contain artificial nitrates or nitrites. Instead, we use celery juice and sea salt to preserve our products the natural and old fashioned way.
- Our deli meat, hot dogs, burgers, and bacon are gluten and casein free.
- Our products are made from natural and organic whole muscle meat. Yes, even our hot dogs! No mystery here!
I have been enjoying the turkey deli meat in wraps, salads and sandwiches over the past couple of weeks. The meat tastes real and not processed. I purchased the meat at Trader Joe’s, but it can also be found in Whole Foods, Kroger and many other stores across the US. If you are at a loss about what to make or seem to be in a rut with your meals, make sure to check out the recipes page. My stomach is growling after browsing that site for the past 15 minutes! Applegate Farms products can be purchased online. There is a $30 minimum and free shipping on orders over $100.
I love to support & promote companies that are making healthy foods and knowing where my food comes from. I don’t like eating processed foods and believe that I feel best when I eat foods as close to their natural state as possible. Want to meet the farmer that raises the animals? Check out the Promise Tracker. I love this feature!
In addition to the deli meat, hot dogs, burger & bacon being gluten-free, Applegate Farms also makes Gluten-Free Chicken Nuggets! I am going to pick these up the next time I am out and test them on Jon & Hannah. Want to keep up with all of the current product new? Make sure to follow Applegate Farms on Twitter & Facebook.