It has been a long time since we have made salmon at home, so when it was on sale this week at the grocery store, I picked some up. I usually make salmon using a sweet Thai chile sauce, but really wanted BBQ last night, so I decided that would be the sauce of choice.
Guy Fieri has a new line of BBQ sauces out now. We sampled them back in August of 2011 and really liked them. I ended up using the Kansas City BBQ Sauce – Smoky & Sweet for the salmon.
BBQ Salmon & Quinoa Bowl
- Cooked quinoa (cook 1 cup quinoa in 2 cups of liquid. I like to use lite coconut milk)
- Salmon filets
- BBQ Sauce (I used Guy Fieri, but any gluten-free sauce will work)
- Sea salt
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Season salmon with sea salt & pepper & pour roughly 1 TBSP on per piece of fish.
3. Bake for 12-14 minutes or fish flakes easily. Broil for 1-2 minutes on high to finish off the top.
I also added some sauteed asparagus to my bowl. I love how the bowl came together with the quinoa as the base, then the asparagus and finally the salmon. The BBQ sauce was a really nice compliment to the salmon and the light coconut flavor of the quinoa. I used Trader Joe’s new organic tricolor quinoa and love how pretty it is!
How do you make your salmon?