Looking to build a delicious gluten free cupcake? Here is a gluten free recipe which has been named among the best gluten free cupcake ever. Give it a try and let us know if you agree!
If you’d like to check out other recipe ideas, check out our gluten free recipes page!
Best Gluten Free Cupcakes Recipe
- 2 cups gluten free all purpose flour mix (preferably Better Batter)
- 1.5 cups sugar
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 egg whites from large eggs
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1.5 tsp vanilla
- Preheat over to 350 degrees. Line cupcake pans with paper liners.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, shortening, milk and vanilla in a large mixing bowl. Mix at low speed for 2 minutes. Scrape bowl.
- Add egg whites and eggs and mix at high speed until fluffy and smooth, approximately 2 minutes.
- Fill liners 1/2 to 2/3 full of batter (Do not overfill).
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes in pans then remove from pan & place on wire racks to cool completely. Frost & decorate as desired.
- For the frosting, mix buttercream vanilla with butter, confectionary sugar, a bit of milk and a bit of vanilla.