The Chinese New Year is just around the corner beginning January 31st. Yesterday I shared a local Chinese restaurant’s menu and plan for celebration, but today I am going to share some recipes from San-J that will allow you to celebrate in the comfort of your own home.
Recipes Ideas for a Healthy, Gluten Free Chinese New Year Celebration:
- Tangy Tamari Calamari Salad (San-J’s Gluten Free Tamari Lite)
- Asian Green Tea BBQ Wild Rice (San J’s Asian BBQ Sauce)
- Spicy Peanut Basil Chicken (San J’s Thai Peanut Sauce)
For Stir Fry lovers, here are a variety of simple dishes that will impress your guests as well.
- Kung Pao Pork (Szechan Sauce)
- Orange Shrimp (Orange Sauce)
- Tofu and Green Bean Stir Fry (Tamari)
- Stir Fry Noodles with Peanut Sauce (Thai Peanut Sauce)
- Turkey Teriyaki Stir Fry in Lettuce Cups (Teriyaki)
More about San-J and the recipes:
San-J is a brewer of premium Tamari Soy Sauce, naturally brewed with 100% soy and no wheat, using traditional brewing methods that have been passed down for over 200 years. All of San-J’s gluten-free products are certified gluten-free, kosher, and made with all natural ingredients and serve up a rich, authentic Asian taste.
Inspired by San-J, these recipes were created by culinary nutritionist, Editor-in-Chief of The Healthy Apple, Amie Valpone. Specializing in clean eating and gluten-free nutrition, Amie created these three easy to prepare dishes in time for the holiday. Filled with fresh ingredients including kale and cranberries, they are a perfect way to spice up the New Year.
Will you celebrate the Chinese New Year? If so, will you make any of the above recipes or will you go to your favorite gluten-free Chinese restaurant?