As we kick off grilling season, consider serving Crunchmaster crackers along with this amazing sounding hummus while waiting for the grill to heat up.
Gluten-Free Baked Hummus
- 2 – (7 oz.) containers of plain prepared hummus
- 1 ¼ c. crumbled feta cheese
- ⅔ c. chopped Kalamata olives
- ⅔ c. chopped fresh tomato
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 package of Crunchmaster Original Multi-Seed Crackers or your favorite flavor
Spread hummus evenly into an 8 x 8 inch square baking dish. Sprinkle with feta cheese, being sure to evenly cover the surface. In a separate bowl, gently toss the tomatoes and olives together until blended well.
Layer the olive and tomato mixture on top of the feta cheese. Drizzle with 2 Tbsp. olive oil.
Bake at 350°F for 15 to 20 minutes. Serve with Crunchmaster crackers
Once that grill is hot, toss these Grilled Beet Chicken Kebobs with Avocado on for a meal that sure to impress your guests.
- 4 fresh large beets
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- ¼ tsp. sea salt
- ¼ tsp. freshly ground white pepper
- 1 lb. boneless chicken tenders
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 cup Crunchmaster 7 Ancient Grains Sea Salt Crackers, finely ground
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup Greek plain yogurt
- 2 tsp. fresh mint leaves, finely chopped
- 2 tsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 small red onion, quartered
- Sea salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled, pitted and diced
- 2 Tbsp. sweet fruit salsa
- Cooking Spray
- Aluminum Foil
1. Heat grill to medium heat. Soak eight 6-inch wooden skewers in water for 15 minutes.
2. Coat one side of a large piece of aluminum foil with cooking spray. Place beets and 3 Tbsp. of oil on foil; season with sea salt and pepper. Wrap foil over beets. Place beet packets on the grill; cook for 30 minutes or until beets are tender.
3. Meanwhile, dip chicken tenders into 2 Tbsp. olive oil, then drench in Crunchmaster Crackers. Place tenders onto soaked skewers; grill, turning occasionally, until chicken is cooked through, approximately 10-12 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, in a food processor, blend feta, yogurt, mint, and balsamic vinegar until smooth.
5. Remove beets from the grill; cut into 1 inch chunks; gently toss with feta mixture, red onion, sea salt and pepper.
6. Transfer kebabs to a serving dish with prepared beets. Serve with a side of diced avocado with salsa.
Look for Crunchmaster crackers in your local grocery store.
Last, but not least, remember the reason for Memorial Day. Take a moment to remember the men and women who died while serving our country.
*Recipes courtesy of Crunchmaster.