This has been an exciting week for the Celiac community. We heard the news about 1in133, an event created to draw the FDA’s attention to the 2004 Food Allergen Labeling & Consumer Protection Act, and now Delight Gluten-Free Magazine is announcing some big changes. Our very own Tiffany Janes is one of the big changes at Delight Gluten-Free Magazine! Read below:
NEW YORK, MARCH 30, 2011—Delight Gluten-Free Magazine is pleased to announce its purchase by SideWalk Media, a move that will help the dynamic magazine expand its reach into new mainstream markets.
Jordan Gary—the magazine’s new Publisher—plans to significantly expand distribution over the next year into more mainstream retailers, as well as enhance the presence of the magazine nationally and internationally. With the new ownership, the magazine has also refined its entire concept to target the global gluten-free community including people living with Celiac Disease, Diabetes, Multiple Sclerosis and Autism, as well as all-around foodies.
With the purchase, Vanessa Maltin Weisbrod has been promoted to Executive Editor of the magazine. Vanessa has been with the magazine since its beginning in 2008 and has been a driving force behind its success. She has a longstanding background in the journalism, culinary and gluten-free worlds, has published two gluten-free cookbooks and is a leading authority in the Celiac Disease community. In her new role, Vanessa will oversee all things editorial in the magazine, as well as shape the vision for it moving forward.
Julie Luse—the former publisher of the magazine—has decided to take a small step back to spend more time with her blossoming family, however she will continue on at the magazine as the Founding Editor and as Creative Director where she will be responsible for maintaining the beautiful look and feel of Delight Gluten-Free Magazine.
Additionally, Tiffany Janes has been promoted to Director of Advertising & Community Outreach. Tiffany has been a contributor to the magazine for the last two years and is a household name in the gluten-free community. She writes for several gluten-free blogs and has led the charge in Atlanta for getting restaurants to adopt gluten-free menus.
Future issues of the magazine will include:
- Interviews with celebrities maintaining a gluten-free diet. The Spring 2011 issue features an up close and personal interview with Tenley Molzhan, best known as America’s Sweetheart who appeared on ABC’s The Bachelor.
- Dozens of fully illustrated recipes that have all been tested and approved in-house by magazine test kitchen staff.
- Enlightening articles that will help readers maintain a special diet.
- A gluten-free lifestyle guide that includes safe and unsafe foods, as well as tips for understanding food additives and reading labels. Expanded recipes and substitutions for gluten-free, dairy (casein-free), nut- free, egg-free, soy-free, rice-free, corn-free and vegetarian diets.
- Comprehensive travel articles that will help readers plan gluten-free, allergen-free trips around the world.
- And, much, much more!
Delight Gluten-Free Magazine is published quarterly and is currently available by annual subscription, at Amazon.com, nationally in Whole Foods Market, Barnes & Noble, and Borders, as well as hundreds of local and organic markets. The magazine can also be found in nearly 1,000 doctors’ offices and hospital centers. An annual subscription is $18 and includes four issues of the magazine. To subscribe, please visit http://www.DelightGlutenFree.com.
I am just astounded at the rate at which gluten-free & Celiac Disease awareness seems to be growing lately. This is fantastic news for all of us! Join me in congratulating Tiffany on her promotion! I can’t wait to see the first issue of the new Delight Gluten-Free Magazine.