In case you haven’t heard yet, Delight Gluten-Free Magazine recently launched an app for the iPad with the version for iPhone and iPod coming soon. Or at least, the other app is coming whenever the Apple folks add the product to the iTunes store. The new apps are free to download and the digital content from each issue of the magazine can be purchased for $3.99 per issue.
The digital subscriptions for Delight Gluten-Free allow Apple device users to download the complete issues to their preferred mobile device (again, only the iPad app is available currently). There are typically 60+ gluten-free recipes in each issue of the magazine. One of the most cool things (to me) about this new way to enjoy Delight is that back issues will never run out!
Don’t worry if you prefer a hard copy of the “foodies” version of gluten-free magazines, the print version of Delight Gluten-Free is still published four times a year. The newsstand price is $5.95 in the U.S. and an annual subscription will run you $18 – or $4.50 per issue.
More about Delight Gluten-Free:
Future issues of the magazine include:
· Interviews with celebrities maintaining a gluten-free diet. The Spring 2011 issue features an up close and personal interview with Tenley Molzhan, best known as America’s Sweetheart who appeared on ABC’s The Bachelor. The Fall 2011 issue features an in depth article with Guy Fieri of the Food Network.
· Dozens of fully illustrated recipes that have all been tested and approved in-house by magazine test kitchen staff.
· Enlightening articles that will help readers maintain a special diet.
· A gluten-free lifestyle guide that includes safe and unsafe foods, as well as tips for understanding food additives and reading labels. Expanded recipes and substitutions for gluten-free, dairy (casein-free), nut- free, egg-free, soy-free, rice-free, corn-free and many vegetarian options.
· Comprehensive travel articles that will help readers plan gluten-free, allergen-free trips around the world.
· And, much, much more!
Now for the fun part! To celebrate the launch of Delight’s new iPad app, they are giving five lucky Celiac-Disease.com readers one issue (Fall 2011) of the digital subscription. If you have an iPad, and would like your chance to win a digital issue of the magazine, please leave a comment below. If, like me, you don’t have an iPad, don’t worry! We’ll do another give-away when the new app for the iPhone/iPod gets listed in iTunes.
The deadline to enter is Wednesday, September 14th at 12 midnight EST. Good luck!
UPDATE 9-19-11: Congratulations to the winners of the digital issue for iPad of Delight Gluten-Free! They are Diane, Stacy, chs, Amanda and Rachael.
UPDATE: 9-26-11: The new app for iPhone is now available on iTunes.com!