These itty bitty muffins make a nice little snack or a “grab and go” breakfast served fresh from the oven. An added bonus is that they are gluten free, egg free, dairy free and low fat.
If you’d like to check out other recipe ideas, check out our gluten free recipes page!
Gluten Free Blueberry Mini Muffins
- ¾ cup almond milk (or rice milk)
- ½ cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 ½ teaspoons EnerG Egg Replacer
- ¼ cup agave nectar (or honey)
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 ¾ cup gluten free flour blend *
- ¼ cup flax seed meal (for a little nutritional boost)
- Preheat over to 400 degrees.
- Spray a mini muffin tin (24 cups) with pan spray or use mini cupcake liners.
- Mix egg substitute, milk, applesauce and agave nectar. Add blueberries to liquid ingredients.
- Add dry ingredients. Stir carefully to not break up blueberries.
- Using a small spoon, fill muffin cups — they will be full.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 10 to 15 minutes until done.
- Let cool for 30 minutes before removing from pan. Gluten free muffins become less fragile as they cool and are easier to remove from the pan without deflating.
Makes 24 mini muffins. Whenever you use applesauce to replace the fat in baked goods store the finished product in the refrigerator or freezer.
* Use your favorite gluten free flour blend. If your blend does not contain a form of starch such as potato, tapioca or corn you will need to add ½ teaspoon xanthan gum with the dry ingredients to give the muffins more stability.