Here is a gluten free recipe from Australia for a buckwheat bread. We’ve had some people inquire about this in the past, so I figured I would pass this great recipe along to our readers.
Give it a try and let us know how things turn out in the comments. If you’d like to check out other recipe ideas, check out our gluten free recipes page!
Gluten Free Buckwheat Bread Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups gluten-free plain flour
- 1/2 cup buckwheat flour
- 3 teaspoons gluten-free baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar
- 2 eggwhites
- 1 cup reduced-fat milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons seed mix with pine nuts
- Preheat oven to 180°C/160°C fan-forced.
- Grease a 6cm-deep, 9cm x 19cm (base) loaf pan.
- Sift flours, baking powder and salt into a large bowl.
- Stir in sugar.
- Using an electric mixer, lightly beat eggwhites until just frothy.
- Stir in milk and oil.
- Add eggwhite mixture to flour mixture.
- Beat for 2 to 3 minutes or until smooth.
- Pour mixture into prepared pan.
- Smooth top with a spatula.
- Press seed mix lightly into mixture.
- Bake for 55 minutes to 1 hour or until a skewer inserted in the centre of bread comes out clean.
- Stand in pan for 10 minutes.
- Turn out onto a wire rack to cool.