Here is a gluten free recipe for butter pecan cookies from my online recipe group that I wanted to share with all of you. I’ll be trying it tonight. If you are a pecan lover, give these a try and let us know how they turn out in the comments.
If you’d like to check out other recipe ideas, check out our gluten free recipes page!
Gluten Free Butter Pecan Cookies Recipe
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract (make sure it’s gluten-free)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (use 1/8 teas. if you use salted butter)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum, rounded
- 1 (4 ounce) box instant vanilla pudding (or French vanilla)
- 2 3/4 cups gluten-free flour
- 3/4 cup pecans, coarsely ground
- Cream together butter and sugar.
- Add eggs and vanilla extract and mix well.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Dough should be very thick and gooey. Add more flour if necessary.
- Chill 1 or more hours,.
- Drop by round teaspoons onto un-greased cookie sheet.
- Bake 10-11 minutes at 375 degrees.
- Allow to cool for a few moments before removing from cookie sheet.
- Store in an air tight container.