Finding a tasty gluten free dessert is never challenging for someone with celiac disease, but in my opinion, you can never have to many delicious gluten free dessert recipes! Here is a tasty one that I think our readers will enjoy. Let us know how it turns out in the comments below.
If you’d like to check out other recipe ideas, check out our gluten free recipes page!
Gluten Free Butterscotch Brownie Cake Recipe
Butterscotch Brownie Cake Ingredients:
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 3/4 cups packed light brown sugar
- 1 tbsp. vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1 (11 oz.) package butterscotch chips, divided
Butterscotch Ganache Ingredients:
- 3/4 cup butterscotch chips
- 6 tbsp. heavy whipping cream
- 3 tbsp. unsalted butter
Chocolate Ganache Ingredients:
- 4 oz. bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 tbsp. sugar
- 2 tbsp. water
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Butter and flour the sides of two 5-inch round cake pans, and line the bottoms with parchment paper. In a medium mixing bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt. In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine the butter, sugar and vanilla. Beat on medium speed until creamy. Scrape down the bowl and mix in the eggs until well incorporated. Gradually beat in the flour mixture on low speed just until combined. Stir in 1 cup of butterscotch chips with a rubber spatula.
- Divide the batter evenly between the prepared pans. Sprinkle with the remaining butterscotch chips. Bake for 30 to 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Transfer the pans to a wire cooling rack and allow to cool completely before carefully removing from the pans.
- To make the butterscotch ganache, combine the cream and the butter in a small saucepan. Warm over medium-high heat until the mixture is almost boiling. Place the butterscotch chips in a small, heatproof bowl. Pour the cream mixture over the butterscotch chips and allow to sit for 30 seconds. Stir until smooth.
- To make the chocolate ganache, place the chopped chocolate in a small bowl. Bring the cream, sugar and water to a boil, then pour the liquid over the chocolate and let sit for 30 seconds. Gently whisk the mixture together until smooth. Leave the glaze to sit until it thickens a bit to your desired consistency.
- To assemble the cake, place one of the cake layers on a wire rack with a sheet of wax paper. Drizzle butterscotch ganache over the top so that it drips over the edges of the cake. Drizzle with a small amount of chocolate ganache as well. Lay the remaining cake layer on top of the first and top with remaining chocolate ganache so that it drips over the edges. Decorate with extra butterscotch chips, if desired. Transfer the cake to a serving platter.