Here is an unusual gluten free recipe for cherry orange oatmeal bars. Although it isn’t something you’d normally think to try, it is a pretty good dessert. If you decide to try it out, let us know what you think below.
If you’d like to check out other recipe ideas, check out our gluten free recipes page!
Gluten Free Cherry Orange Oatmeal Bars Recipe
- Natural spray oil for pan
- 3 cups gluten-free rolled oats
- 1/3 cup 365 Everyday Value Smooth Almond Butter
- 1 cup dried sour cherries, or a mix of cherries and raisins
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/3 cup 365 Everyday Value Wildflower Honey
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons 365 Everyday Value Organic Finely Ground Flaxseed
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Lightly spray an 8-inch square pan with oil; set aside.
- Mix together oats, almond butter, cherries, orange juice, honey, nutmeg, salt and egg whites in a bowl; press firmly into pan.
- Bake until golden brown around the edges, about 35 minutes.
- Let cool 5 minutes, sprinkle flax seed over the top, let cool completely, cut into bars and serve.