Planning to attend a party in the near future? Looking for a great gluten free snack to take with you out in public or while traveling? I’ve always felt that Chex Mix can be a great snack for you to take while going out in public. Here is a gluten free recipe for Chex Mix which I think anyone with celiac disease will really enjoy!
If you’d like to check out other recipe ideas, check out our gluten free recipes page!
Gluten Free Chex Mix Recipe
Chex Mix Ingredients:
- 6 cups Rice Chex
- 1 cup gluten-free pretzels (I use Glutino)
- 1 cup gluten-free onion crackers, broken into bite size pieces (I use Mary’s Gone Crackers)
- 1 cup peanuts
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons worcestershire sauce (I use Lea & Perrins)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons seasoning salt (I use Lawry’s)
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 3 cups gluten-free corn flakes
Chex Mix Directions:
- Preheat oven to 250.
- Combine Rice Chex, gluten free pretzels, gluten free crackers, and peanuts in a 13×9 pan and set aside.
- Melt the butter in the microwave (about 30 seconds on high) and add the worcestershire sauce and spices. Stir until well combined.
- Pour the butter mixture over the Chex mixture and toss until everything is coated.
- Add the corn flakes and toss to coat them in the residual sauce (by adding these at this point in the process, it prevents them from getting mushy from the sauce).
- Bake for an hour, stirring every 15 minutes.