Finding a quality gluten free soup isn’t as easy as it sounds, but I did recently run across the following gluten free recipe for a chicken and rice soup that is pretty good. If you’d like to give it a try, I’m providing the recipe below.
If you’d like to check out other recipe ideas, check out our gluten free recipes page!
Gluten Free Chicken and Rice Soup Recipe
- 3 chicken breasts
- 1 tsp chicken bouillon
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1/4 cup carrots, diced
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup rice
- handful of fresh parsley, chopped
- Cook chicken in just enough water to cover it, bouillon, garlic and seasonings for 20 minutes. Remove chicken (de-bone if necessary) and chop. Return chicken to pot.
- Add veggies and broth. Cook 45 minutes and add hot sauce or extra bouillon if desired.
- Add rice and simmer 15-20 minutes until rice is cooked (longer if using wild rice).
- Add chopped parsley and serve. Or let the soup cool and transfer to a container to freeze.