Sometimes finding a good gluten free dish can be difficult. If you or your gluten free child enjoys chicken nuggets, here is a recipe that we can certainly recommend.
If you’d like to check out other recipe ideas, check out our gluten free recipes page!
Gluten Free Chicken Nuggets
- 3 tablespoons rice flour
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 4 slices gluten free bread
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 chicken breast
Gluten Free Honey Mustard Sauce
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment or spray with non-stick coating.
- If your chicken is fresh, freeze for 15 minutes to ease the slicing or if frozen only partially thaw. Slice the small tip off at about an inch, cut in half horizontally and then slice each half in 1/4 inch slabs vertically so you end up with about 1 inch by 1 inch slices.
- If you are using fish cut to same size.
- Blend the Italian seasoning and parsley with the bread in either a food processor or a blender until very fine crumbs. If it’s sticky and doesn’t want to crumb add rice flour a teaspoon at a time until it crumbs nicely.
- Put the rice flour in one shallow bowl the egg in another and the crumbs in a third.
- Dredge each piece through the rice flour to coat thoroughly then the egg than the crumbs (we like lots of crispy coating).
- Bake chicken for 10 minutes flip and bake for 5 to 10 more minutes until done. For fish 5 minutes on the first and 3 on the second is usually sufficient.
- They reheat nicely in a toaster oven.