Want to try making your own homemade gluten free chicken soup? I tracked down an excellent gluten free recipe to share with our readers. If you decide to try it let us know how it turns out in the comments.
If you’d like to check out other recipe ideas, check out our gluten free recipes page!
Gluten Free Chicken Soup Recipe
- 15ml (1 tbsp) vegetable oil
- 15ml (1 tbsp) butter
- 900g (2lbs) raw chicken carcasses, including 4 wings
- 1 onion, chopped, weighing about 200g (7oz)
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 leek, sliced, weighing about 100g (4oz)
- 1 carrot, thinly sliced, weighing about 100g (4oz)
- 1 litre (1¾ pints) chicken stock
- 150ml (½ pint) single [light] cream (optional)
- salt and pepper
- parsley, chopped
- Heat the oil and melt the butter in the pan. Add the chicken, onion, garlic and remaining vegetables. Add the stock and bring to the boil over a low heat, skimming off any scum that rises to the surface.
- Cover and simmer over a low heat for 60 minutes.
- Lift out the chicken pieces with a slotted spoon. When it’s cool enough, pick the meat off the bones and throw away the skin and bones. Leave some shredded chicken on the side to add to the soup when it is done. Place the meat in a food processor or blender. Add the soup and process until smooth (this may be done in batches).
- Return the soup to the pan. (If it is too thick, thin is down with a little more stock and water. If you are using cream, stir it in and heat through, but do not let the soup boil.)
- Season to taste with salt and pepper. Stir in the chicken. Serve sprinkled with chopped parsley.