Looking to make a chicken strip that is gluten free? Chicken is typically gluten free, but the breading isn’t, making this a difficult meal to prepare. Below you’ll find a gluten free recipe for chicken strips that will do a good job of replacing the gluten-filled ones.
Give it a try and share your review in the comments!
If you’d like to check out other recipe ideas, check out our gluten free recipes page!
Gluten Free Chicken Strips Recipe
- 1 1/2 pounds of chicken breasts
Chicken Dry Mix Ingredients:
- 1 1/2 cup of ground almonds
- 1 1/2 cup of organic corn meal
- 2 ts. of sea salt or a tad more depending on your taste
- 2 ts. cracked pepper
- 1 ts. cayenne pepper
- 2 ts. paprika
- 2 ts. dried basil
- 2 ts. dried rosemary
Chicken Wet Mix Ingredients:
- 3/4 cup of almond milk
- Juice of one lemon
- You want to get out a big piece of parchment paper and lay out the chicken breasts. Cut them in half or thirds and then lay over the rest of the parchment paper.
- With a meat pounder or tenderizer you are going to want to pound the chicken until it is it is flattened.
- Dip the chicken pieces into the milk/lemon mixture and then dip into the breading. Lay all of the strips in a Pyrex baking pan, I used a 9×13 and also an 8×8 to fit all the pieces.
- Drizzle olive oil on the pans before laying the strips and I also drizzle some olive oil on top of the strips before I put them in the oven. Not too much, just a little drizzling to keep it crunchy too.
- Bake at 35o degrees for 30-40 minutes depending on how big and thick your chicken pieces are. Mainly just check to see if the chicken is cooked and no longer pink.
- Let cool for a few minutes.