There are tons of gluten free recipes for chocolate chip cookies available around the internet, but this is the first recipe I’ve come across with this much positive feedback. In fact, it has been featured recently in several major online publications! Give this recipe a try and let us know how it turns out in the comments.
If you’d like to check out other recipe ideas, check out our gluten free recipes page!
Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookies (Chippers) Recipe
- 1 1/4 cups white rice flour
- 1/2 cup sweet rice flour
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 bag (12 ounces) gluten-free chocolate chips
- Set the oven at 350 degrees.
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a bowl combine the white rice and sweet rice flours, cornstarch, baking soda, and salt.
- Use a whisk to stir them.
- In a mixer, cream together butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar for 1 minute.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition, then the vanilla.
- Add the flour mixture and beat just until a dough forms.
- Remove the bowl from the mixer stand. With a wooden spoon, stir in the chips.
- Drop rounded tablespoonfuls of dough onto the baking sheets about 2 inches apart.
- Bake the sheets one at a time.
- Bake the cookies for 10 to 12 minutes or until they are golden.
- Set the baking sheet on a wire rack to cool for 3 to 5 minutes or until cookies are firm.
- Transfer to the rack to cool completely.
- Bake the second sheet in the same way.
- Store cookies in an airtight container.
Note: Makes about 3 dozen chocolate chip cookies.