Looking for a gluten free cheesecake recipe? Here is a gluten free recipe for a chocolate cheesecake that looks delicious. If you decide to give it a try, let us know how it turns out in the comments below!
Gluten Free Chocolate Cheesecake Recipe
- 1 1/2 Cup of Crumbs (Gluten Free Chocolate Chocolate Chunk Cookies are good)
- 1/3 C Butter, melted
- 24 oz Cream Cheese
- 3 Large Eggs
- 3/4 C Sugar
- 1/2 t Cocoa powder
- 1 t hot water
- 1 T Butter
- Use a food processor to make the cookies into crumbs.
- Mix crumbs, with 1/3 c melted butter, they will look more than damp. Press into the pan with your fingers until you have an even layer on the bottom of the pan, put the pan in the freezer.
- In a double boiler or improvise using a medium sauce pan, with a glass bowl that fits slightly inside the pan. Bring water to a simmer (maker sure bottom of the bowl doesn’t touch the water). In the top bowl add chocolate chips and 1 T of butter, stir occasionally until melted.
- In a very small bowl dissolve cocoa powder in the hot water.
- In the meantime, beat cream cheese, vanilla, and sugar in a large bowl with electric mixer or use a stand mixer. Add eggs one at a time, mixing well in between each addition, add chocolate mixture and cocoa mixture, continue mixing until light and fluffy looking.
- Pour batter into your crust and bake at 325 for 55 minutes or until the middle of the cheesecake is almost set. Loosen the cake from the sides of the pan with a butter knife. Allow to cool and then remove from pan (if in a springform pan) and refrigerate 4 hours to over night, lightly covered with tinfoil.
If you’d like to check out other recipe ideas, check out our gluten free recipes page!