Are you someone looking for a delicious dessert receive? Here is gluten free recipe for a chocolate coconut square that I think our readers will enjoy!
If you’d like to check out other recipe ideas, check out our gluten free recipes page!
Gluten Free Chocolate Coconut Squares
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup of brown sugar (not packed)
- 3/4 cup of palm oil
- 1 cup of coconut flakes
- 1 cup of chopped walnuts
- 2 cups of Pamela’s baking and pancake mix.
- 1 package of enjoy life chocolate chips
- In a mixer, combine the eggs, sugar, and palm oil. When combined add the coconut flakes and about 1/2 of the walnuts (you will need more walnuts for the topping later). Press the batter (which will be stiff) into a 10 x 13 inch greased glass baking dish. I will lightly flour my hands and press it in with my fingers to get it flattened out into the dish. Open and empty an entire package of chocolate chips onto the pressed dough. Spread them out evenly. Place the cookie bars into a preheated oven and bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 25 minutes or until the batter is golden brown and comes out clean in the center when you do a toothpick test.
- Immediately after removing the cookie bars from the oven carefully spread the melted chocolate chips with a cheese spreader or other utensil. Let the cookies cool about 10 minutes at room temperature before cutting. It is important you cut the bars when the chocolate is still warm, as the chocolate topping will crack on you if you try to cut them after the chocolate has hardened. I clean the knife after each cut and then immediately refrigerate the bars without removing them from the pan. After they are cooled in the refrigerator and the chocolate has hardened then I remove the pre-cut cookie squares and plate them.
- Once they’ve cooled and hardened, serve them with a cup of tea. If you’re family is anything like mine they will devour the entire 10×13 plate in less than 24 hours unless you quickly hide them!