Are you in the mood for a gluten free cupcake? I just came across this delicious gluten free recipe for chocolate orange cupcakes that I think you will enjoy! Give them a try and let us know how they turned out in the comments.
If you’d like to check out other recipe ideas, check out our gluten free recipes page!
Gluten Free Chocolate Orange Cupcakes Recipe
- 3 Tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/4 C. hot water
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 C. organic cane sugar
- 1/2 C. sour cream
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- zest of one orange
- 1/4 C. butter, melted
- 1 1/2 C. gluten-free all-purpose flour (bob’s)
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 3/4 tsp. xantham gum
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease 12 standard muffin cups or line with paper liners.
- In a small bowl, stir the cocoa powder into the hot water until it dissolves; set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs and sugar until well combined.
- Add in the sour cream and vanilla, then the dissolved cocoa and orange zest.
- Add the melted butter, then the dry ingredients.
- Divide the batter among the muffin cups, filling each about three-quarters full.
- Bake until the cupcakes are puffed and a toothpick inserted into the center of one comes out clean, about 15-20 minutes.
- Let cool completely before removing the cupcakes from the pan.
Gluten Free Chocolate Frosting Recipe
- 6 ounces bittersweet chocolate (Scharffen-Berger)
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 2-3 Tbsp milk
- Melt the chocolate & butter together.
- In a medium bowl, combine confectioners sugar and melted chocolate+butter, adding milk until you have a nice spreadable consistency.