Eating healthy during the holidays is never easy, but sometimes we are fortunate enough to be able to track down a “healthy” version of a gluten free recipe. In this case, we have a excellent recipe for a Christmas Cake to share with our community. It was created to be sugar free and salt free. Enjoy!
Gluten Free Christmas Cake Recipe
- 170g Pitted Dried Dates
- 140ml Water
- 115ml Sunflower Oil
- 30g Ground Almonds
- 5ml Mixed Spice
- 3 organic eggs or Egg Replacer
- 55g Rice Flour
- 55g Soya Flour
- 55g Corn Flour
- 455g Mixed Dried Fruit – can be raisins, muscatel raisins, currant, sultanas, or why not try cranberries, Blueberries or cherries!
- Dates should be chopped into small pieces and placed in a pan with the water.
- Bring to the boil and simmer for until dates are soft. Allow to cool.
- Mix together the dates, sunflower oil, ground almonds, spice, eggs (or replacer) and all the flours.
- Stir in you selection of mixed dried fruit and mix well.
- Place mixture into a lined, greased 18cm cake tin.
- Bake for 30mins at 170c, then another 45mins at 145c.
- Allow to cool for 10mins then turn out, removing lining paper.
- Allow to fully cool and store in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.