There are quite a few great gluten-free cake recipes circulating around the internet, but this is the first cinnamon streusel cake recipe that I’ve found. The best part? It can be a breakfast or a dessert!
If you’d like to check out other recipe ideas, check out our gluten free recipes page!
Gluten Free Cinnamon Streusel Cake Recipe
- 1.5 cups gluten free flour
- 2.5 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup melted butter
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- 1.5 teaspoons vanilla extract
Streusel Topping Ingredients:
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 Vanessa’s All Purpose GF Flour Mix
- 1/3 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
Cake and Streusel Directions:
- Combine all topping ingredients in a small mixing bowl until a crumbly mixture forms. Set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt. Mix together and set aside.
- In a standing mixer, combine egg, sugar and melted butter and mix on low speed until well combined.
- Add in milk and vanilla and mix on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- Slowly add in flour mixture on low speed and mix well, about 3 minutes.
- Pour batter into greased muffin tray and sprinkle the topping mixture evenly over each muffin.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and cool for about 5 minutes before serving.