Want to make a homemade coffee cake that is also gluten free? Here is a recipe I tried a couple days ago and really enjoyed, so I figured I would pass it along to our readers.
If you’d like to check out other recipe ideas, check out our gluten free recipes page!
Gluten Free Coffee Cake Recipe
Coffee Cake Ingredients:
- 1 1/2 cups sorghum flour
- 1/2 cup white rice flour
- 1/2 cup potato flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup butter, or some other dairy free margarine
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 eggs; beaten
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk, soy milk, rice milk or almond milk
Possible Extra Ingredients:
- 1/2 cup diced apples or 1/2 cup chopped nuts or 1/2 raisins or 1/2 cup of any other drained fruit
- powdered sugar or cream cheese frosting to drizzle the top.
Coffee Cake Directions:
- Grease bottom and sides of a 9×13 cake pan. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine flours, brown sugar and salt. Mix well. Cut in the butter to make course crumbs. Reserve 1/2 cup of this mixture for the top of your cake.
- Stir the baking powder, baking soda, xanthan gum, cinnamon and nutmeg into the remaining crumby mix. Slowly add the beaten eggs and milk to the mix and stir well.
- Feel free to add any extra ingredients to the bottom of the pan and then spoon the cake batter on top. Smooth carefully and add the reserved crumb topping.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. If desired drizzle with powdered sugar frosting and serve warm.