Here is a nice gluten free recipe for a sweet cornbread that anyone should enjoy, including those without Celiac Disease. If you’d like to check out other recipe ideas, check out our gluten free recipes page!
Gluten Free Sweet Cornbread Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened soy milk
- 1 1/2 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 egg (or equivalent)
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 cup millet
- 3-4 tablespoon ground turbinado sugar (a coffee grinder works great)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon powdered ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- Mix soymilk and vinegar and let sit.
- In separate bowl mix EnerG egg replacer. Set aside.
- Mix all dry ingredients in separate bowl.
- Add the 2 tablespoon canola oil to the soymilk mixture, and add the egg replacer as well.
- Fold the wet ingredients into the dry mixture. Stir well.
- Pour batter into well oiled muffin tins (will make 6 large or 12 regular size muffins).
- Bake at 425 degree F for 20-25 minutes.