Sometimes when people have decided that gluten free bread isn’t for them, it becomes time to experiment by adding additional flavors to try to make a tasty bread!
Here is a gluten free recipe for cranberry pumpkin bread that offers a great taste. Give it a try and let us know how it turns out in the comments. If you’d like to check out other recipe ideas, check out our gluten free recipes page!
Gluten Free Cranberry Pumpkin Bread Recipe
- 1¾ cups gluten-free flour blend (sample recipe below)
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon xanthan gum
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Pinch of ginger
- 1 cup butter or nondairy margarine
- 1 ? cups light brown sugar
- 1 cup warm milk of choice
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 -½ cup fresh cranberries, chopped
- ½ cup lightly toasted pecans, chopped, optional
High-Protein Gluten Free Flour Blend Ingredients:
- 1¼ cups bean flour (your choice), chickpea flour or soy flour
- 1 cup white or brown rice flour
- 1 cup arrowroot starch, cornstarch or potato starch
- 1 cup tapioca starch/flour
- Combine flours together. Refrigerate and store in tightly covered container until used.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease and flour a loaf pan or a 12-cup muffin tin.
- Mix gluten-free flour blend, baking powder, baking soda, xanthan gum, cinnamon, clove, nutmeg and ginger together. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream butter until white. Add brown sugar and milk and beat for another 5 minutes. Add eggs one at a time. Stir in pumpkin puree.
- Add dry ingredients to wet mixture. Fold in cranberries and chopped nuts, if desired.
- Pour batter in prepared loaf pan or muffin tin. Bake in preheated over for 45 minutes to 1 hour for the loaf, 15 to 18 minutes for muffins.