Have a craving for donut holes? Here is a nice gluten free recipe available for donut holes that I am really enjoying.
If you’d like to check out other recipe ideas, check out our gluten free recipes page!
Gluten Free Donut Holes Recipe
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 cups white rice flour (more may be needed)
- 1 cup potato starch
- 1 cup tapioca starch
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons xanthan gum
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs, buttermilk, melted butter and sugar together and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, blend rice flour, potato starch, tapioca starch, nutmeg, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, salt and xanthan gum.
- Fold dry ingredients into wet and mix until well incorporated. The dough needs to be workable and only slightly sticky.
- Heat a few inches of oil (canola or vegetable) in a pot to 375 degrees.
- Shape the dough into small donut hole sized balls.
- Carefully drop dough into heated oil and cook until golden. Be sure to flip the donut holes over at some point.
- Removed cooked donuts from hot oil using a slotted spoon or fork and allow to drain on paper towels.
- Slather in sugar to your liking.
Here is a bonus recipe:
Donut Hole Glaze Recipe
- 2 cups confectioners sugar
- 1/4 milk
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1 shake of cocoa powder.
- Drop the donuts into the glaze and make sure they are coated.
- Fish them out with a fork, letting the excess drip off.
- Cool on a cookie rack with a cookie sheet underneath to catch the extras.
- After 10 minutes, send them back into the glaze for a second dipping and let sit an additional 10-15 minutes.