Tired of those store-bought gluten free donuts? Here is a recipe for homemade gluten free donuts that we use occasionally when we are looking for a treat. Give it a try and let us know how it turns out in the comments.
If you’d like to check out other recipe ideas, check out our gluten free recipes page!
Gluten Free Homemade Donuts Recipe
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 5 cups gluten free flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp xanthan gum
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- Combine eggs, buttermilk and butter in large bowl mix with whisk or fork.
- Combine dry ingredients in separate bowl and add to wet. Mix by hand (dont’ use electric mixer).
- Let batter rest about 15 minutes.
- Turn dough onto a well-floured surface. If dough is sticky, work in more flour blend.
- Roll dough 3/8 inch think. Cut with donut cutter.
- Fry in 1 to 3 inches very hot oil (375) until brown on one side. Turn over and brown on second side.