Are you someone who enjoys a fruitcake during the holidays? I’m not but we’ve received a few inquiries, so I figured we would pass along this recipe which looks pretty good.
If you’d like to check out other recipe ideas, check out our gluten free recipes page!
Gluten Free Fruitcake Recipe
- 185g / 6oz Demerara Sugar
- 440g / 14oz Mixed Vine Fruit and Peel
- 300ml / 1/2 pt Water
- 90g / 3oz Glace Cherries
- 125g / 40z Butter
- Pinch of Salt
- 1 Beaten Egg
- 315g / 10oz Gluten Free Self Raising Flour
(Flaked Almonds and Glace Cherries to decorate the top if you wish)
- Preheat oven to 180*c GM4. This is for an 8? cake Tin lined with parchement paper.
- Put in a saucepan the Water, Sugar, Fruit and Peel, cherries, butter and salt, bring this to the boil gently and then simmer for 20 minutes.
- Allow the mixture to cool.
- Add the beaten Egg to the mixture, then sift in the flour and mix thouroughly.
- Put the mixture into the prepared tin and make a small dent in the top of the mixture to aid a flat risen cake instead of a dome for easy decoration.
- Arrange the decorative fruit and nuts on top if you are having them.
- Bake in the oven for 1 1/2 hours or until golden brown. If the top is cooking to quickly put some parchment paper on top