While browsing Pamela’s Products website for something else, I ran across the following gluten free recipe for gingerbread cookies that I wanted to share with our readers. Enjoy!
If you’d like to check out other recipe ideas, check out our gluten free recipes page!
Gluten Free Gingerbread Cookies Recipe
- 1 bag Pamela’s Gluten-Free Bread Mix
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup molasses
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp ground cloves
- 1 TBSP + 1 tsp ground ginger
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 325°.
- In the bowl of a heavy duty stand mixer, cream butter with sugar.
- Mix in egg, then molasses.
- Add all dry ingredients, DO NOT use yeast packet. Mix gently until dough comes together.
- Wrap dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Roll dough 3/8-inch thick between two layers of parchment paper and cut out cookies.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 20 – 22 minutes or until edges begin to brown. Cool on baking sheets for 5 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
Gluten Free Gingerbread Frosting Recipe
- 1 bag Pamela’s Vanilla Frosting Mix
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tarter
- Mix ingredients together, add a gluten free food coloring.
- Spread or pipe on cooled cookies.
- Add decorative sprinkles or candies (if desired).
- Frosting can be applied with a piping bag, or thin it down with more water and use a paint brush for a more detailed design.