Looking for a gluten free recipe to build gingerbread men cookies? I recently came to the rescue with this incredible recipe and wanted to share it with our loyal readers. Give it a try and let us know how they turn out below.
If you’d like to check out other recipe ideas, check out our gluten free recipes page!
Gluten Free Gingerbread Men Recipe
- 1 cup brown rice flour
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- pinch of baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons soft light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
Additional Ingredients for Decoration:
- 3 1/2 ounces gluten-free white chocolate, melted
- gluten-free candies or raisins (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Sift all the dry ingredients together into a large bowl.
- Place the butter, sugar, and corn syrup in a small saucepan and heat gently until melted, then stir into the flour mixture and bring together to form a ball.
- Place the dough onto a surface dusted lightly with rice flour and roll it out to a thickness of 1/4 inch.
- Cut out 6 gingerbread men or other shapes (depending on their size) with a cutter, then place on a baking sheet and place in the preheated oven for 8-10 minutes, until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- Use the white chocolate to pipe features, such as buttons, onto the cookies and decorate with candies or raisins if you want.