To many people, eating a hamburger without a bun isn’t acceptable. If you’d prefer to make your own instead of purchasing gluten free hamburger buns, here is a recipe you can try out! If you’d like to check out other recipe ideas, check out our gluten free recipes page!
Gluten Free Hamburger Bun Recipe
- 1 1/4 cups water, 110 degrees
- 2 1/4 teaspoons yeast
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 ounce chia seeds (2 tablespoons)
- 1/2 cup water
- 3/4 cup gluten free oats
- 1 cup almond
- 1 cup tapioca flour
- 1/2 cup arrowroot or potato starch or cornstarch
- 1/2 cup teff
- 1 1/2 teaspoons guar gum
- 2 egg, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- Butter 10 english muffin rings and place on parchment lined baking sheet.
- In a small bowl stir sugar into 1 1/4 cups of water, sprinkle yeast on top, cover with saran wrap and set aside to bloom.
- Stir the chia seeds into the 1/2 cup of water stir well. Three minutes later stir again then set aside.
- Grind gluten free oats and almonds in coffee grinder until they are very fine.
- Combine tapioca flour, arrowroot, teff, guar gum in the bowl of electric mixer. Add oats and almond flour and mix on low until well combined with no lumps.
- In a small bowl mix eggs, honey, oil, cider vinegar and chia mixture.
- Add to dry ingredients along with yeast mixture.
- Blend on low speed until combined, push down sides of bowl with spatula then mix on medium high for 4 minutes. If too wet add a little more oat flour if too dry add water a teaspoon at a time until correct texture is reached.
- Spoon into rings, smooth with the back of a damp spoon, sprinkle with sesame seeds if you like them.
- Rise in a warm place until they are almost to the top of the rings (about 30 minutes).
- Bake in a 400 degree oven for 20 to 30 minutes until they are deep golden brown with an internal temperature of 210 degrees.