Looking for a good homemade gluten free snack that you can take on the go? How does gluten free granola bars sound? The great thing about this gluten free recipe is that the granola bars seem to travel well, making it an ideal snack for those with celiac disease.
If you’d like to check out other recipe ideas, check out our gluten free recipes page!
Gluten Free Granola Recipe
- 2 cups gluten-free oats
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips or 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup melted margarine
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 medium eggs
- Mix Dry Ingredients (except chocolate chips/raisins).
- Add Wet Ingredients.
- Mix thoroughly until all the oats are coated and moist. Then fold in either chocolate chips/raisins (whichever you choose to use).
- Spread evenly in a greased cake pan.
- Bake on 350 degrees for 15 to 17 minutes. Granola will be firm and light brown.
- Let set for 5 minutes, then cut into bars.
Recipe Note: To store them for later use, take the completely cooled bars and spread them out on a large piece of saran wrap, then cut the wrap into squares and quickly individually wrap each bar.