Looking for an interesting new gluten free recipe for mini cakes? Here is a recipe I’ve had for awhile and really enjoy. Give it a try and let us know how it turns out!
If you’d like to check out other recipe ideas, check out our gluten free recipes page!
Gluten Free Lemon and Passion Fruit Cakes Recipe
- 6 egg whites, lightly beaten
- 1 3/4 cups gluten-free icing sugar mixture, sifted
- 1 cup almond meal (ground almonds)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons finely grated lemon rind
- 185g unsalted butter, melted, cooled
- 2/3 cup gluten-free plain flour, sifted
- 2 passion fruit, halved
- Preheat oven to 190°C/170°C fan-forced.
- Line a 12-hole, 1/3 cup-capacity muffin pan with paper cases.
- Place egg whites in a large bowl.
- Add icing sugar, almond meal, lemon rind, butter and flour.
- Whisk until just combined.
- Spoon mixture into cases until three-quarters full.
- Top with passion fruit pulp.
- Using a skewer, swirl pulp through batter to create a marble effect.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the center of 1 cake comes out clean.
- Stand for 1 minute. Turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely.