Here is a delicious gluten free recipe for lemon squares that is also pretty easy to make! Give it a try and let us know how it turns out in the comments.
If you’d like to check out other recipe ideas, check out our gluten free recipes page!
Gluten Free Lemon Squares Recipe
- 1 cup gluten free flour substitute
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 5 tablespoons cold unsalted butter
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spray bottom of 8-inch square baking pan with cooking spray and dust with rice flour.
- Mix flour, sugar, and xanthan gum in a bowl.
- Add butter and mix with a mixer until crumbly.
- Press dough into bottom of baking pan.
- Bake in center of oven for 15 minutes or until very light golden.
Lemon Filling Ingredients:
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons gluten free flour substitute
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons lemon rind
- 1/2 teaspoon pure lemon extract
- Confectioner’s sugar
Lemon Filling Directions:
- Beat eggs at high speed in a large bowl until foamy.
- Add sugar, flour, baking powder, salt, lemon juice, lemon rind, and lemon extract. Beat until well blended.
- Pour onto partially baked crust.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until set. Cool on rack.
- Cut into 16 squares and sift confectioner’s sugar on top.
- Serve at room temperature or slightly chilled.