Do you enjoy Linzer cookies? While looking for a gluten free recipe for Linzer cookies I found this gem that I wanted to pass along in case any of our readers also enjoy linzer cookies.
If you’d like to check out other recipe ideas, check out our gluten free recipes page!
Gluten Free Linzer Cookies Recipe
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 4 oz Philadelphia cream cheese (softened)
- 2 cups Beth’s All Purpose Flour (From Gluten Free Pantry)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking powder (aluminum free)
- 1/2 tsp grated lemon peel (I used Penzey’s)
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Raspberry Fruit Spread
- In a heavy mixer beat butter and cream cheese together until fluffy.
- Whisk together flour mix, sugar, baking powder, and lemon peel. Beat 1 cup of flour mixture into the butter mixture.
- Add egg, vanilla and lemon juice. Beat in remaining 1 cup of flour mixture.
- Cover and chill for 2 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Divide dough in half. On a well floured (rice flour) surface, roll out half the dough to a 1/4 inch thick or less.
- Using a 2″ cutter cut dough into circles. Cut as many as the dough will allow and bake for 10 mins or until the sides are lightly brown.
- Place the center cutter in the circle and roll out the remaining dough and cut “lids” for your cookies and bake them as you did with the bottoms.
- When cool, spread on the fruit spread and place a top on them. Sprinkle with powdered sugar.