Looking to make a homemade mashed potatoes? Here is a gluten free recipe for mashed potatoes that everyone is sure to enjoy. If you decide to try them then let us know how they turn out in the comments.
If you’d like to check out other recipe ideas, check out our gluten free recipes page!
Gluten Free Mashed Potatoes Recipe
- 4.5 lbs russet potatoes
- 8 oz cream cheese at room temp
- 1 cup sour cream at room temp
- 2 tsp garlic salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup butter
- cheddar cheese
- green onion
- Peel potatoes and boil in a 5 quart sauce pan until fork tender.
- Drain potatoes and mash well in a large bowl.
- Beat cream cheese, & sour cream until smooth with an electric mixer.
- Gradually add potatoes, beating until smooth.
- Beat in cheddar cheese, garlic salt, pepper and green onions.
- Put mixture into a shallow casserole dish and cover.
(At this point potatoes can be refrigerated for up to 3 days – Be sure to bring to room temperature by baking at 400 degrees for 30 to 45 minutes before serving)