Are you interested in making gluten free bagels from home? Here is a great gluten free recipe that is also yeast free.
If you’d like to check out other recipe ideas, check out our gluten free recipes page!
Gluten Free Mini Bagels Recipe
- 1/3 cup potato starch
- 2/3 cup tapioca flour
- ½ cup sorghum flour
- ½ cup rice flour
- 1 ½ tsp xantham gum
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ cup oil
- ½ cup water
- 1 tbsp ground flax soaked for 5 mins in 3 tbsp boiling water
- 1 tbsp molasses + 5 cups water for poaching
- Seeds & kosher salt for sprinkling
- Preheat the oven 210C/400F/ Gas mark 6.
- Sift together the flours & dry ingredients.
- Add the oil, water & wet flax and mix thoroughly until you have a thick moist dough.
- Divide the dough into 6 equal sized balls, flatten slightly & poke your finger in the center to form a ring.
- Place the water & molasses in a large cooking pot and bring to the boil.
- Place no more than 3 bagels in the pot and poach each bagel for approx 1 ½ minutes each side. Remove with a slotted spoon & place on a lined baking sheet. Sprinkle with seeds & kosher salt.
- Place in the oven & bake for 10 minutes, turn them over and bake for a further 10 minutes.