Are you a fan of mushroom risotto? At first glance it seems like a lot of work, but I’m happy to report that it really isn’t with the following recipe.
If you’d like to check out other recipe ideas, check out our gluten free recipes page!
Gluten Free Mushroom Risotto Recipe
- 2 cups Arborio rice
- 2-4 shallots diced
- 1 cup white wine
- 6-7 cups of mushroom stock
- 1 package shitake mushrooms sliced
- 2-3 Portobello mushrooms chopped
- 1-2 cups of grated parmesan
- 1 tsp Virgin organic coconut oil
- 1 tsp Extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- First, heat up the mushroom stock and keep on low.
- In a pan with sides, sauté the shallots in the two oils. When they are tender, add the rice and sauté for a few minutes.
- Now you want to begin the process of adding the stock one ladle at a time. You add in the stock, stir, and when it is absorbed repeat the process.
- When you have around 3 or 4 ladles of stock left, add in the mushrooms, salt and pepper. Once all of the stock has been absorbed, which should take around 20 minutes, it’s time to turn off the heat and add in the cheese.
- If you want your risotto to be dairy free you don’t need to add in the cheese, it’s already creamy without it.