It isn’t overly difficult to find ice cream that is gluten free in the stores, but if you want a good tasting ice cream, you are probably going to need to make it yourself. If you like peaches, here is a gluten free recipe that was submitted to us and quickly became popular in our household.
If you’d like to check out other recipe ideas, check out our gluten free recipes page!
Gluten Free Peaches and Cream Ice Cream Recipe<
Ice Cream Ingredients:
- 4 large very ripe peaches, peeled, cut into chunks (about 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 pounds)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup peach juice (or 3 tbsp juice and 1 tbsp peach schnapps)
- 2/3 cup white sugar
- 1 cup whipping cream (35% fat)
- 1/2 cup sour cream (full fat)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp lemon juice
Ice Cream Directions:
- Place the peaches, water, juice and schnapps in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Cover and cook until the peaches are soft, stirring a few times.
- Transfer peaches, along with the liquid, into a non-reactive bowl. Stir in the sugar and let the peach mixture cool, uncovered, to room temperature.
- When the peaches have cooled, add the cream, sour cream, vanilla and lemon juice. Puree with an immersion blender until blended but bits of peaches remain.
- Cover and chill the mixture thoroughly in the fridge. (You can put in the freezer towards the end to make it extra cold.)
- Churn in an ice cream maker according to manufacturer’s instructions.