If you are someone on a gluten free diet, but don’t typically find you have problems with peanuts, here is a recipe for a gluten free peanut butter cookie that is pretty good. Give it a try and let us know how it turns out in the comments!
If you’d like to check out other recipe ideas, check out our gluten free recipes page!
Gluten Free Peanut Butter Cookies Recipe
- 1 ½ cups peanut butter (natural or no sugar added)
- ¾ cup agave nectar (light or dark)
- 1 Tbs. gluten-free vanilla extract
- ¼ cup unsweetened applesauce
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 cup Nearly Normal All Purpose Flour*
- ¾ cup buckwheat flour (or Nearly Normal All Purpose Flour)
- 2 Tbs. mesquite flour (or Nearly Normal All Purpose Flour)
- 2 Tbs. almond meal (or Nearly Normal All Purpose Flour)
- ½ cup+ chocolate chips (optional)
- Cinnamon and sugar (or granulated splenda) mixture (or cinnamon only) for tops of cookies
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Blend peanut butter and all liquid ingredients together, then add in the dry ingredients, mixing until fully incorporated.
- Prepare a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Roll balls of dough approximately the size of ping pong balls in your hands and place on the prepared cookie sheet. Dip a fork in the cinnamon-sugar mixture and press into each cookie to flatten with a criss-cross design.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes and remove to cool on the pan.