Fan of pecans? Here are some gluten free brownies that use pecans to add some flavor. Give these a try and let us know how they turned out in the comments.
If you’d like to check out other recipe ideas, check out our gluten free recipes page!
Gluten Free Pecan Brownies Recipe
- 200g bar plain chocolate
- 250g (8oz) butter
- 4 medium eggs
- Few drops of vanilla extract
- 300g (10oz) caster sugar
- 125g (4oz) gluten-free plain flour
- 200g (7oz) roasted, salted pecan nuts, roughly chopped
- Icing sugar, for dusting
- 26 x 16.5cm (10¼ x 6½in) oblong tin, lined with baking parchment
- Set the oven to gas mark 5 or 190°C.
- Melt the chocolate and butter, either in a bowl in a microwave oven or in a bowl set over a pan of simmering water.
- Lightly beat in the eggs and vanilla extract.
- Add the sugar, flour and chopped pecans to the bowl and stir to combine all of the ingredients.
- Spoon the mixture into the lined cake tin and level the surface.
- Bake the brownie in the center of the oven for 40-45 minutes, until just set to the touch in the center.
- Remove from the oven and leave it to cool in the tin for 5-10 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Dust with icing sugar.
- Cut brownie into 15-24 squares to serve.
- To freeze, make up to the stage of cooling, then wrap in a freezer bag (freeze for up to 1 month).
- Defrost and dust with icing sugar just before serving.