Are you a fan of pineapple desserts? Last night I tried this gluten free recipe for a pineapple upside down cake that I highly recommend. If you decide to try it let us know how it turns out in the comments below.
If you’d like to check out other recipe ideas, check out our gluten free recipes page!
Gluten Free Pineapple Upside-Down Cake Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter (or margarine)
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 1 (20 ounce) can sliced pineapple
- 16 maraschino cherries
- Gluten-Free Yellow Cake (recipe above)
- Melt the butter and divide between two 8″ cake pans.
- Sprinkle the brown sugar evenly to cover the butter (divided as well).
- Next, arrange pineapple rings around the bottom of the pans, one layer deep (I had 5 rings per pan).
- Place a maraschino cherry into the center of each pineapple ring (and a few in the middle if you would like).
- Prepare the cake mix as directed above. Pour the batter over the pineapple layer (dividing the batter between the two pans).
- Bake for 25-30 minutes at 350 degrees F.
- Cool for 5 minutes, then carefully turn out onto a plate.
- Do not let the cake cool too much, or it will be stuck to the pan.