There are some great gluten free pizza crusts available in stores, but i’ve always preferred the homemade crusts. Here is a nice gluten free pizza crust recipe that will yield a fairly tasty crust. Simply bake the crust, then add your toppings, etc. to finish your homemade pizza!
If you’d like to check out other recipe ideas, check out our gluten free recipes page!
Gluten Free Pizza Crust
- 1 tablespoon dry yeast
- 2/3 cup brown rice flour or gram flour or fava bean flour (I use ‘garfava’ flour which is a blend)
- 1/2 cup tapioca flour
- 2 tablespoons powdered milk or non-dairy powdered coffee creamer (Dairy alternative, 2 T tapioca flour or sweet rice flour in place of 2 T dry milk powder or non-dair)
- 2 teaspoons xanthan gum
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon unflavored gelatin
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 2/3 cup water (110 degrees F)
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar or honey or agave syrup
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- In medium bowl using regular beaters (not dough hooks), blend all ingredients on low speed.
- Beat on high speed for 3 minutes.
- (If mixer bounces around bowl, dough is too stiff. Add water if necessary, one tablespoon at a time, until dough does not resist beaters.) Dough will resemble soft bread dough.
- Put mixture on lightly greased 12-inch pizza pan or 11 x 7-inch pan (for deep dish version).
- Liberally sprinkle rice flour on dough, then press dough into pan, continuing to sprinkle with flour to prevent sticking to hands.
- Make edges slightly thicker to hold toppings.
- Bake pizza crust for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven.
- Spread pizza crust with your favorite sauce and toppings.
- Bake another 20 to 25 minutes or until top is nicely browned.