Last week I introduced you to eating gluten-free in Rome, Italy. In this post, I will continue to cover gluten-free restaurants found throughout Rome, Italy.
2 Brothers from Sicily opened the Sicilianbocca in Prati, Via Emilio Faa Di Bruno 26 Tel; 0637358400 This restaurant was so successful, that they have opened another restaurant, called Sicilianbocca al Flaninio, Via Flaminia 390 Tel: 063240187. This is located near the famous Milvio Bridge. Both these restaurants faithfully reproduce the flavors of Sicily. Don’t forget on entering, tell the waiter “Senza Glutine” and you will be well looked after.
You may also want to relax in the shadows of some Centenarian Sycamore Trees, at the elegant and exclusive Alex Cafe Restaurant, at Via Vittorio Veneto 20 Tel: 064823618 The owner Fabrizio Ciafrei will take good care of you and they do have a gluten-free menu.
Some other restaurants that offer gluten-free menus:
- Boccondivino Restaurant, at Piazza in Camp Marzio 6 Tel:0668308626 also have many gluten-free dishes.
- La Terrazza Restaurant, is found within the Hotel Eden, at Via Ludovisi 49, good choice of gluten-free dishes.
- A few steps away from St.Peter’s, is II Giardino Pamphili, at Via Leone de Holn 63 Tel: 06661004603. Their “Paccheri de Gragnano” , short pasta tubes, filled with red scorpio fish and cehhery tomatoes, is really delicious, a good selection of fish dishes, lots of gluten-free food.
- Del Frate Restaurant, Via Scipioni 118 Tel: 063236437 This restaurant is next to the Homonymous Historic Bottle Shop, well worth a visit. The Del Frate is a modern, but cozy, wine bar, with a choice of gluten-free dishes.
- A restaurant with the very best of views over the whole of Rome, the view really is spellbinding, it is La Terrazza del Eden, Via Ludovisi 49 Tel: 06478121 Have a drink in the bar and look down on Rome, one of the best views of the city, you will ever find, so take as long as you need, whilst ordering a great gluten-free meal.
- Restaurant Cafe Romano, Via Borgognona 4M Tel: 0669981500 The Executive Chef, Rodofo Chieroni will cook you cuisine, from traditional Italian, to Mediterranean and multi-ethnic delicacies.
- Restaurant Moma, Via San Basilio 42 Tel: 0642011798 This restaurant is owned and managed by the brothers Franco & Gastone Pierini, who will offer you contemporary cuisine, in an authentic Italian culinary tradition.
- Casa Bleve, found in Via del Teatro Valle 48 Tel: 066865970 This restaurant is owned and run by Tina & Anaceleto Bleve, it is just around the corned from Piazza Navona. The restaurant has recently been voted as “One of the best Italian Restaurants”. It is frequented by Politicians, Gastronomes and Connoisseurs. Don’t forget tell them “Senza Glutine” or “Lo Sono Celiaco” and you will be truely well looked after. UPDATE 8-31-11: This restaurant is now closed, according to a reader (see below comments).
This should be enough restaurants to make sure you are well fed while visiting Rome, Italy. Have any you’d like to add? Please share them in the comments!