Enjoy a delicious scone with your tea? Check out this tasty gluten free recipe for scoop scones.
If you’d like to check out other recipe ideas, check out our gluten free recipes page!
Gluten Free Scoop Scones Recipe
- 8oz gluten-free self-raising flour
- 1 level tsp gluten free baking powder
- 1¾ oz butter
- 1¾ oz caster sugar
- 1 medium egg
- ¼ pint milk
- Beaten egg, to glaze
- 1-2 tbsp granulated sugar, for sprinkling
- Raspberry jam and clotted cream, to serve
- Baking sheet, lined with baking parchment
- Ice-cream scoop
- Set the oven to gas mark 7 or 220°C.
- Sift the flour and baking powder into a bowl.
- Rub in the butter until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs, then stir in the sugar.
- Lightly beat together the egg and milk. Add this to the flour mixture and beat to give a smooth consistency.
- Scoop 7-9 mounds of the mixture on to the lined baking sheet with ice-cream scoop.
- Brush some egg over the top of each and sprinkle over some granulated sugar.
- Bake the scones in the center of the oven for 15-18 minutes or until they are a light-golden color.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven and slide the scones on to a wire rack to cool.
- Serve scones warm or cold, with jam and clotted cream.