I’m always on the lookout for interesting gluten free bread recipes, and one I recently ran across caught my attention. If you are looking to make gluten free soft buns, give the following recipe a try and let us know how they turn out!
Gluten Free Soft Buns Recipe
- 1 1/4 cups hot tap water
- 1 packet yeast
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup oil (I used canola)
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 1/2 cups gluten-free flour blend (mine is a blend of rice flour, tapioca flour, xanthan gum, gelatin)
- 1/2 cup corn starch
- Pre-heat oven to 415F.
- Sprinkle the yeast over the hot water and stir gently to incorporate.
- Add sugar and oil and let stand a few minutes.
- In large mixing bowl place the egg and the other ingredients.
- Add the yeast mixture and beat until well-blended, approx 1 minute. (Dough should be thick and sticky)
- Scoop out 1/4 cup at a time of the dough and with well-greased hands, roll into balls and place on lined cookie sheets.
- Place approx 1.5 inches apart and flatten into thick discs.
- Set aside in warm place to rise for 15 minutes.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown and the wafting smell of fresh-baked bread causes the insane urge to reach into the hot oven and grab a roll to shove into your drooling mouth.
- Let cool 10-15 minutes and serve with butter and your choice of jam/jelly/honey/apple butter, etc.