Are you a fan of sponge cake? Here is a gluten free cake recipe that is easy and I think you’ll enjoy. Give it a try and let us know how it turns out in the comments.
If you’d like to check out other recipe ideas, check out our gluten free recipes page!
Gluten Free Sponge Cake Recipe
Sponge Cake Ingredients:
- 3/4 cup cornflour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 eggs, separated
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/2 cup sugar
Sponge Cake Directions:
- Sift cornflour, baking powder and salt together.
- Beat egg whites until stiff but not dry.
- Beat in egg yolks.
- Gradually beat in sugar until mixture forms a figure 8.
- Fold in the dry ingredients.
- Divide into 2 well greased 20 cm (8″) sandwich pans.
- Bake at 180 C or 350 F for about 20 minutes.
- Remove from pans and cool on wire rack.
- When cool, top one with whipped cream and jam (jelly).
- Place the other on top and dust with icing sugar.