Are you someone who enjoys coffee cakes? Here is a gluten free recipe I discovered awhile back while is pretty good. Give it a try and let us know how it turns out for you!
If you’d like to check out other recipe ideas, check out our gluten free recipes page!
Gluten Free Streusel Coffee Cake Recipe
Coffee Cake Ingredients:
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 soured milk*
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2/3 cup quinoa flour
- 2/3 cup tapioca starch
- 1/3 cup sorghum flour
- 1/3 cup sweet rice flour
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup agave nectar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
*To make soured milk, put 1 tablespoon vinegar or lemon juice into a measuring cup. Fill with milk. Leave for 5-10 minutes, until curdled.
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup gluten free oats
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds or walnuts
- 3 tablespoons sorghum flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoon butter or shortening, softened but not melted
Coffee Cake Directions:
- Combine topping ingredients into a bowl, using your fingers to smoosh the butter and mix the ingredients together to form crumbs.
- In a medium bowl, combine flours, sugars, baking powder, baking soda, xanthan gum and salt. Whisk until completely combined.
- In another bowl, combine oil, eggs, soured milk, vanilla.
- Add in flour and sugar mixture and still until combined.
- Grease an 8 x 8 pan, or a 7 x 10.5 pan like I used (from Ikea).
- Pour in half the batter, then sprinkle over half the topping (or a little less).
- Cover with the remaining batter, spreading to the edges.
- Top with the rest of the topping.
- Bake at 350 for 25 minutes.